GPS Cricket Trophies
The official GPS Cricket competition commenced in 1893.
As early as 1897 the competition was in First and Second Grade.
The 1st XI Trophy was first awarded in 1893. The Shield had A.A.G.P.S. Challenge Shield for Cricket engraved on it. In 2014, the name of the trophy was changed to the “AT Lantry Challenge Shield”, honouring Mr Tony Lantry’s 50 years of service, including 30 years as AAGPS Cricket Convenor.
The 2nd XI Trophy was first awarded in 1915. The Shield just had A.A.G.P.S Cricket Second Grade engraved on it.