GPS Rowing Trophies
The 1st VIII Trophy – Major Rennie Trophy – was presented by Z.C. Rennie in 1894, and awarded from1910 onwards.
The 2nd VIII Trophy – LC Robson Trophy – was awarded from 1968 onwards. Robson was Shore’s Headmaster (1923-58).
The 1st IV Trophy – Yaralla Cup – 1893 onwards, was presented by Miss Edith Walker in 1906.
The 2nd IV Trophy – Alan Callaway Trophy – from 1918 onwards, was first awarded 1979 Callaway was a SHS Rowing Coach.
The 3rd IV Trophy – Father Gartlan Trophy from 1920 onwards, was first awarded in 1983. Father Gartlan was the founder of the SIC Rowing Club in 1882.
The 4th IV Trophy – Penrith City Council Trophy – onwards from 1927, was first awarded 1986 Awarded to mark 50 years of AAGPS rowing on the Nepean.
Note: Until 1910 the Major Rennie Trophy, donated in 1894, was awarded for the First Four race, there being no First Eight race until 1910. Similarly from 1906 to 1911 inclusive, the Yaralla Cup was awarded for the Second Four race. In 1912 the Yaralla Cup became the First Four trophy.